Emergency Stop Switches with ATEX EExd IIC T6 certified explosion proof contact blocks.
The switches conform to European harmonized standards EN60079-0 and EN60079-1 and can be used in European Zone 1,21,2,22 Environments (Gas and Dust). Designed especially for use in oil, petro-chemical, pharmaceutical and food processing applications where potentially explosive atmospheres are present.
The ESL-SS-Ex conforms to the latest standard ISO13850, the switch mechanism will latch the instant the safety contacts open.
- Protection Shroud and Lock Off version. Special lid safety trip mechanisms ensuring contacts open if the lid is removed.
- Positive break contacts to IEC60947-5-1.
- Enclosure protected to IP67 and IP69K making the switches resistant to high temperature hosing and detergent washdown.
- Manufactured with robust Stainless Steel 316 housings.
- Pre-wired 1NC 1NO, 2NC or 2NC 2NO contacts.
Where the Risk Assessment identifies that inadvertent operation of the E-Stop button may occur during use or breakage and loss of the button function is foreseen, it may be preferable to specify the protection shroud version.