Solenoid Controlled RFID Safety Interlock Switches with OSSD (Stainless Steel)
The Z-Range RFID coded solenoid guard locking safety switches have been designed as a robust position interlock for detection of moving guards, providing a lock mechanism to keep the guard closed until the hazard has been removed. The integrated RFID coding creates a high level of anti-tamper that cannot be defeated or by-passed.
The Z-Range will connect to most OSSD compatible safety relays and combines internal self-monitoring with High Coded RFID (Type 4 to EN14119), achieving PLe/CAT4 safety level (ISO 13849-1), even when connected in series (up to 30 units).
The head of the switch features a highly reliable anti-tamper cam system with RFID sensing on two entry points, suitable for fitting to the leading edge of sliding or hinged machine guards. This combination of technologies achieves the highest level of functional safety and coding available. The head can rotate to provide up to 8 actuator entry positions for full flexibility when mounting.
For the harsh environments like Food Processing, Pharmaceutical and Petro-Chemical Industries the Stainless Steel 316 range offers protection up to IP69K for use in high pressure chemical cleaning or CIP/SIP applications. The IP69K enclosure protection (maintained by a double seal lid gasket) and can be high pressure hosed with detergent up to +80C and 100psi.
Product range features:
- Material: Mirror Polished 316 Grade Stainless Steel
- Safety Configuration: 2 OSSD Outputs and 2 Auxiliary Outputs (1 for guard state, 1 for lock state)
- Supply Voltage: 24VDC
- Coding: 32 million unique codes, high coding to ISO14119
- Indication: 4 LED’s for all device states
- Actuation: Unique dual RFID actuation from the front and end
Guard Locking RFID Safety Switch with OSSD up to 3000N (KL3-SS-Z)
The KL3-SS-Z guard locking RFID safety interlock with OSSD outputs, features a slimline stainless steel body profile for 50mm frames to enable easy retrofitting to new or existing guards. The robust design allows for a holding force of up to 3000N to keep medium to large guard doors closed until the hazard/s have been removed.
- Material: Mirror Polished 316 Stainless Steel
- Ingress Protection: IP69K
- RFID Coding: Unique RFID Coding: (M) can be retaught (U) cannot be retaught
- Safety Configuration: 2 OSSD Outputs and 2 Auxiliary Outputs
- Holding Force: F1Max 3000N (300Kg)
- Connection: 3 x M20 or ½” NPT (Quick Connect is Available)
NOTE: Suitable for Splash Zones in accordance with EHEDG guidelines.