Trapped Key Control Isolation Switches with Solenoid Controlled Key Release (Die-Cast)
The initial step in implementing a Trapped Key System involves the isolation of the switchgear or machinery, or both if the operation is complex. There are three common methods of isolation typically utilized, including mechanical isolation, control circuit isolation, and power supply isolation.
IDEM’s control isolation switches with solenoid-controlled key release enforce a run-down period before allowing the key to be removed, ensuring that the machine comes to a safe stop before entering the hazardous area. This feature can be used to protect both machinery and personnel from harm.
The isolation key is utilized to open an access lock with the same code. If multiple access points exist, a key exchange unit may be utilized to release keys with different codes, allowing several gates to be open simultaneously.
Product range features:
- Mirror Polished Die-Cast
- Panel Mount or Robust External Mounting
- 2NC + 2NO, 3NC + 1NO or 4NC Monitoring Contact Blocks
- Tested to IP67.
External Mount Trapped Key Control Isolation Switch with Solenoid Controlled Key Release (M-ISB4-SR)
The M-ISB4-SR can be used to isolate the control circuitry, and is designed to be mounted externally. To turn the key, the solenoid requires a 24VDC signal to energise, allowing the key to be removed and transferred to the next stage in your Trapped Key System.
- Body Material: Mirror Polished Die-Cast Metal
- Ingress Protection: IP67
- Contacts: 2NC + 2NO, 3NC + 1NO Monitoring Contact Blocks
- Indication: LED 1 Solenoid Status Indication / LED 2 is an Optional Auxiliary Indication Circuit
- Connection: 3 x M20 or ½” NPT Conduits
- Key sold separately
NOTE: Optional integral request button versions available.
Panel Mount Trapped Key Control Isolation Switch with Solenoid Controlled Key Release (M-CS-SKR)
- Body Material: Die-Cast Metal Barrel and Stainless-Steel Mounting Plate
- Contacts: 4NC + 2NO Monitoring Contact Block