KLM-Z-4ST Type 4 RFID Safety Interlock Gate System with Integrated Control Functionality.
Independently approved by:
The KLM-Z-4ST is a Type 4 RFID Safety Interlock with Guard Locking and Control Elements. It has been designed as a robust position interlock for detection of moving guards, providing a lock mechanism to keep the guard closed until the hazard has been removed. The integrated RFID coding creates a high level of anti-tamper that cannot be easily defeated or by-passed.
The KLM-Z-4ST is part of the Z-Range product family and will connect to most OSSD compatible safety relays and combines internal self-monitoring with High Coded RFID (Type 4 to ISO 14119:2013), achieving PLe/CAT4 safety level (ISO 13849-1:2015), even when connected in series (up to 30 units).
The safety gate system combines RFID, safe guard locking and control elements in just one system.
The KLM-Z-4ST features a reliable anti-tamper cam system with RFID sensing on two entry points, suitable for fitting to the leading edge of sliding or hinged machine guards. This combination of technologies can achieve the highest level of functional safety in accordance with the latest international standards.
The KLM-Z-4ST features a escape release functionality as described in ISO 14119. Should the operator become trapped inside the hazardous area, a means of escape is provided via a 2-stage process.
- Press and hold the red button.
- Turn the red handle down to unlatch the gate.
The KLM-Z-4ST housing incorporates upto four 22mm push buttons, lamps or switches which can be used to provide machine request or control functions.
Unused ports can be plugged to ensure an IP67 seal on the switch.
Rotary Handle Accessories for KLM-Z-4ST
GBZ-4ST Gate Bolts are manufactured with a rugged die-cast metal and stainless steel, providing a shear force up to 10,000N (F1Max) on large, hinged doors.
The GBZ-4ST is easy to install on both hinged and sliding guards, requiring only 4 x M6 Mounting bolts for fixing.
- Once installed there is no need for extra brackets or door handles
- Two versions left- or right-hand opening
- Not susceptible to misalignment damage
- Operators are required to manually close the guard; they cannot close accidentally
- Padlock holes are provided, locking the handle in the open position to prevent the guard from being closed and the machine started during maintenance
- Rear Handle (UGB-RERH) is available for escape release